The Regimental Association has its origins after World War 1. The men of the 50th Battalion (Canadian Expeditionary Force-CEF) formed an association for the purposes of perpetuating the many acomplishments of the 50th Bn during the Great War, and to provide a means of continuing social relationships built during that period. Following the Second World War, the men of the 14th Armoured Regiment (Calgary Regiment) proposed to join with the 50th Bn Association, and in 1950, the new name that was registered under the Alberta Societies Act was the 50/14 Association. 1957, the name of the Association became the 50/14 Veterans Association. When it became clear that the Second World War veterans were beginning to dwindle in numbers, and in order to continue to exist, the post war members of the King’s Own Calgary Regiment needed to be included in the membership . In 2011, the name was again changed to it’s current title.